MEN GOD CHOOSES FOR HIS GREATNESS
THE BIG IDEA: To review men in the Bible that God called and used in His service to make Him great among men.
BIBLE FACT: God uses His own sovereignty to process and to call whom He wills into His employment to represent and to serve Him.
How God Chooses The Man
God calls the man (Divine invitation)
God breaks the man (Divine motivation)
God makes the man (Divine dedication)
God blesses the man (Divine inspiration)
God uses the man (Divine exaltation)
Gideon: God’s Bravest Man of Faith
(The Search For Faith In You)
For true Christians, faith is the ONLY source of our relationship with God. We keep searching for it daily in all that we do. Faith is also the most escapable essential of our relationship with God. While we keep desiring to please God with our human presentations to justify our relationship with Him, God is busy leading us through the journey of real life experiences that teach us and bring us closer to knowing God. God is:
- The most hidden Factor in life;
- The most unlikely to be believed;
- The most invisible truth that shows up in God’s timing;
- The moment that is most unlikely to succeed;
- The most unused source that ALWAYS exists;
- The only substance that ultimately establishes the soul fit for God’s use;
- The only unseen evidence that works only on God’s terms;
- The true source that humbles the souls of men to do His will!
There is a Gideon in every man or boy waiting to be discovered. While most men/boys are waiting on God to make something happen that dramatically changes their life and history; God is waiting on them to submit to the real plan that he has for their lives. That is what happened to Gideon. He did not know it, but he was waiting for the right moment of faith that changed his life and history, forever.
I. The scene for a faith demonstration; (Judges 6:11-21)
A. A brave leader working; vv.11-12
B. A brave leader doubting; vv.13-15
C. A brave leader encouraged; v.16
D. A brave leader discovering; vv.17-21