UNLOCKING KINGDOM AUTHORITY AND POWER WITHIN YOU
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
I. The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
- On the Cross Jesus suffered for me
- In me Jesus saves me
- Around me Jesus secures me
- By my side Jesus sustains me
- For me Jesus sanctifies me
II. 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
III. Kingdom citizen rules Jesus taught that release His keys of authority to His disciples; Matthews 5:1,2
A. Teaching and demonstrating what is learned is the beginning of authority.
AUTHORITY: One who is officially in charge.
On a foggy winter night off the northeastern United States coast a young, rather inexperienced ship captain was “feeling his authority” when his radio man reported that he had received a warning in a distance to turn sharply or face a head-on collision. The young proud captain returned a signal of light mandating that the other light source abort its course and change directions immediately. Again, the same message was received by the captain…”change your course or face a head on collision”. The young captain sent back his answer…”I am the captain of a big ship and I demand that you change your course now”. The other source of light sent back its reply: “I am a lighthouse and you are headed for a deadly shipwreck upon the big rocks between me and you”. The captain immediately changed his course and the ship and crew were saved from deathly harm.— In the Eye of the Storm by Max Lucado, Word Publishing, 1991, p. 153
B. RULES FOR KINGDOM CITIZENSHIP that release authority (official eligibility) of true Christian disciples: (John 3:,3,5) Are you official?
- Rule #1 Jesus releases authority to His disciples that display an humble spirit;
- Rule #2 Jesus releases authority to His disciples that take humility seriously with the attitude of one who visits a “shiva sitting”.
- Rule #3 Jesus releases authority to His disciples that demonstrate meekness;
- Rule #4 Jesus releases authority to His disciple that hunger and thirst after righteousness (the way or the lifestyle for the believer); Matthew 5:6; Isaiah 55:1-3
- Rule #5 Jesus releases authority to His disciple that displays mercy; Matthew 5:7; Proverbs 3:3,4;14:21,22
- Rule #6 Jesus releases authority to His disciple that act with a pure in heart; Matthew 5:8; Psalm 24:3-5
- Rule #7 Jesus releases authority to His disciple that invest their energy in peacemaking; Matthew 5:9; Romans 12:17-21
- Rule #8 Jesus releases authority to His disciple that endures adversity and opposition for righteousness’s sake and He blesses them with a kingdom of heaven behavior; Matthew 5:10; I Peter 5:10
- Jesus gives authority to withstand false accusations against Christianity; v.11
- Jesus gives authority to sustain joy when things are negative and makes their reward great; v.12