UNLOCKING KINGDOM AUTHORITY AND POWER WITHIN YOU
“LET GOD’S KINGDOM BE SEEN IN 2017”
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
I. The Holy Spirit’s release of God’s power to unlock authority and power in Christians
A. The objectives of the Holy Spirit dwelling in Christians:
1. To exemplify His person
2. To experience His power
3. To elevate His purpose
4. To execute His plan
B. The five primary activities of the Holy Ghost
1. To direct believers in the way of righteousness to represent The Lord;
2. To divert harm from the presence and way of the believer:
3. To discern with a supernaturally higher recognition about things, events, activities, and actions of people.
4. To deliver the believer from evil.
5. To defend the will of God
a) What is the will of God?
– God has two wills in the Bible: His will of decree and His will of command
b) The Holy Spirit helps believers to defend God’s will in their:
– 1) Witness 2) Word ) 3) Walk 4) Work 5) Worship:
Worship: A time to give one’s self to God in highest reverence and allow God to give Himself to them by His spiritual power (Isaiah 6:1-8). Worship brings to God our heart, strength, soul, mind, and might to reveal to Him our love for Him and His instructions (Deuteronomy 6:4, 5; Exodus 19:7)).
I. The Christian Church and Her Worship with Her children;
II. The Christian Church: In her worship is her power;
III. The Christian Church: In her worship is her greatest spiritual witness
IV. The Christian Church: Acting out her oneness in worship under the will of God
A. The disciples put the study of the word of Jesus or the Gospel news about Jesus as their daily priority; Acts 2:41-47
1. A Christian Church identifies with Jesus Christ; Matthew 16:13,15
– In PURPOSE; Matthew 22:37-40 (The Great Commandment)
— Purpose puts the right identity plan in place for the Christian Church
– In POWER; Acts 1:8
— Power happens as the HELPER must be received and believed.
– In PROGRESS; Matthew 28:19,20 (The Great Commission)
— Executing the plan.