By: Terrance Johnson
As much as I love Houston, I recently had the opportunity to go to the Nation’s Capital and I loved it. Washington was great to and for me. I stayed with relatives and was treated like a king in a Four Star hotel. It was a multipurpose trip which encompassed a number of meetings for All About Fashion Houston Edition. Additionally, I accompanied my nephew in respect to him being chosen as a scholar by the State of Kansas regarding activities related to academia and national security.
Unfamiliar with the area and needing my workout, I decided to take a run. I actually ran from Waldorf to Prince George County Maryland, which was approximately 6 miles. Many of you may think that my physique and muscular arms, which is my mainstay, were easily gained.
The truth of the matter, over the course of a two-year period with a six month intensive, I’ve released a total of approximately 50 pounds.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I truly enjoy the shopping, the self-esteem boost and the added attention I’ve gotten. I would be totally remiss if I didn’t address the various health issues that have been healed by becoming more conscious of my eating and exercising.
HEALTH ISSUES HEALED
I am an African American male who has several hereditary traits, from cancer to high blood pressure and a host of other related illnesses that could have affected me if I didn’t make a lifestyle change. So for my 35th birthday, I was getting an award from my employer and celebrating all in the same space. I remember when they brought me out that piece of cake. I blew out the candle while saying to myself that I want to live a long and healthy life. That New Year’s resolution would be the one I took most seriously regarding making those health changes.
That was the wish I had for my own life. While I couldn’t resist eating that warm piece of cake with that ice cream on top, (Sambuca Houston) I knew that there was no time better than the present and I made a commitment to myself.
The easy part was just talking about making that drastic health change — yes, saying it again and again. I was one of those people who went hard at the first of the year and then a month later, I was back in my routine of eating junk and coming home from work and passing right by the gym.
I tried a number of diet pills on the market, buying them at the gym, as well as ordering them off of TV. This was to make the process go faster; the only thing that I got was a bunch of horrible side effects.
I then decided to go natural while sticking to better eating habits along with increased cardio; and with that, the weight was coming off pretty fast and I was able to sleep at night. The problem was that I had some stubborn areas that I wanted to get rid of naturally. I was watching a show on TV and there was a strong recommendation for a miracle pill, Garcinia Cambogia. This natural remedy changed my life suddenly.
It’s entirely possible to safely lose anywhere from 5-10 pounds per month by using these easy steps. This is not new information but hopefully, it’ll reinforce what you already know and jumpstart your weight loss goals and make your heart happy.
1. Journal – I generally hated having to journal everything that I ate every day; however, it’s important. Until you’re able to review what you’re eating on a daily basis, it’s challenging to reinforce and jumpstart your weight loss efforts.
2. Drink an 8oz glass of water before meals. If you happen to be dehydrated then you’ll quench your thirst while it also serves to fill you up before eating.
3. Weigh yourself daily – It’s important to be able to see your progress. Yes, your weight may go up and down, however, you have to determine if what you’re doing is effective.
4. Workout – you must make a commitment to workout, at least, 4-6x’s per week. It’s important that you devote a time in your day for your workout. If you find that the timeframe is not working then you have to find a time that works. This is mandatory – no excuses if you really want to get the weight off.
5. Supplements – Garcinia Cambogia, a tropical fruit also known as the Malabar tamarind, is a popular weight-loss supplement. It blocks your body’s ability to make fat and it puts the brakes on your appetite. It could help keep blood sugar and cholesterol levels in check also. You’ll find it in bottles on the shelf at the store as well as mixed with other ingredients in diet products.
The goal is to look great, be healthy and feel confident in whatever you’re wearing. Of course, you need to be perfectly styled to compliment your body type.
I’m excited to be able to help folks with weight loss goals as well as personal styling.
If you’re in Houston, inbox and I’ll give you the times, dates and location of my walking schedule for the week.
Additionally, connect with me for “In The Closet” closet organization and styling based on clothing items in your closet, Red Carpet Hosting or Event Coordination.
For more information please call ZPR MEDIA AT 832.704.8282 or Terrance Johnson at 713.364.8533