The Houston Health Department and its agency partners are
announcing the schedule for sites
offering free COVID-19 tests the week of June 22, 2020.
Texas Division of Emergency Management
The Texas Division of Emergency Management and the department will open five drive-thru test sites June 22-27:
- Willow Ridge High School, 16301 Chimney Rock Rd.,
- NRG Green Lot, 1 Reliant Park,
- HCC-Northeast Campus, 555 Community College Dr.
- HCC – South Campus, 1990 Airport Blvd., and
- Kingwood Park Community Center, 4102 Rustic Woods Dr.
TDEM sites require
appointments, available by calling 512-883-2400 or visiting txcovidtest.org. The
sites will open from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
United Memorial Medical Center
United Memorial Medical Center (UMMC) will continue its weekday testing at a drive-thru and walk-up test site at the Southwest Multi-Service Center, 6400 High Star, and a drive-thru site at Houston Community College-Southeast, 6815 Rustic.
The sites don’t require appointments and offer testing from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or until reaching its daily capacity of 250 tests.
Other UMMC sites opening weekdays are:
- UMMC Tidwell, 510 W Tidwell Rd., 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Forest Brook Middle School, 7525 Tidwell Rd, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Cullen Middle School, 6900 Scott St., 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., and
- Griggs School, 801 Regional Park Dr., 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
information about UMMC test sites can call 1-866-333-COVID or visit ummcscreening.com.
Kroger will offer testing at the Fifth Ward Multi-Service Center, 4014 Market Street, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 25-27. Appointments are available online at krogerhealth.com/covidtesting.
Houston Health Department & Community-Based Sites
The department operates two free drive-thru COVID-19 community-based testing sites open to anyone, regardless of symptoms. Each site has capacity for 500 tests per day.
Days of operation for the sites are Monday through Saturday.
People can call the department’s COVID-19 Call Center at 832-393-4220 between 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. to receive an access code and directions to the nearest community-based site.
Federally Qualified Health Centers
The health department is providing test kits, lab access and equipment to four local Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHC) so they can expand their COVID-19 testing capacity. The centers and phone numbers people can call to set up testing appointments are:
- Spring Branch Community Health Center, 713-462-6565
- El Centro de Corazon, 713-660-1880
- Avenue 360 Health and Wellness, 713-426-0027
- Lone Star Circle of Care at the University of Houston, 346-348-1200, and
- Community Health Network, 281-816-3317.
FQHC patients pay
what they can afford, based on income and family size, and are not denied
services due to inability to pay or lack of insurance.
The department and its agency partners may shift locations and schedules of test sites to better meet community needs. Houstonians can visit HoustonEmergency.org/covid19 for current Houston test sites and information about stopping the spread of the virus.
Information obtained through testing, treatment or services will not be used against immigrants in their public charge evaluation.