“I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark burn out in a brilliant blaze than it be stifled by dry-rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.” — Jack London
“IT’S TIME TO PUT YOUR LIFE BACK TOGETHER”
Luke 7:11-17 New International Version (NIV)
Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son
11 Soon afterward, Jesus went to a town called Nain, and his disciples and a large crowd went along with him. 12 As he approached the town gate, a dead person was being carried out—the only son of his mother, and she was a widow. And a large crowd from the town was with her.13 When the Lord saw her, his heart went out to her and he said, “Don’t cry.”
14 Then he went up and touched the bier they were carrying him on, and the bearers stood still. He said, “Young man, I say to you, get up!”15 The dead man sat up and began to talk, and Jesus gave him back to his mother.
16 They were all filled with awe and praised God. “A great prophet has appeared among us,” they said. “God has come to help his people.”17 This news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding country.
Forward Thinkers, the stage has been set. Jesus has spoken healing in the atmosphere in the previous chapter of Luke. Jesus spoke and a man was healed. Today we must position ourselves to receive peace, prosperity, deliverance, joy, and grace which Jesus has spoken into the atmosphere.
Forward Thinkers, the problem with jealousy is you miss the opportunity to rejoice the victory and elevation of others because when Jesus speaks life in the atmosphere those celebrating are being repositioned to a place where they can experience a fresh move of God.
The FOG (Favor Of God) can’t be seen through the fog of jealousy, envy, and hate. Forward Thinkers, take a moment and celebrate the victory of someone else.
A DEAD SITUATION
1) DEAD PERSON
A) Forward Thinkers, the man was declared dead but they don’t have final say. I’m so glad the critics who counted you dead didn’t have the final vote.
B) Forward Thinkers, they prepared to bury you but God is not through with you yet. Forward Thinkers, when others start to count you out, God is just getting ready to make your presence count.
C) Forward Thinkers, don’t let the faith of others be your litmus test. Trust God at a higher level and increase your faith. Forward Thinkers, it’s time to release the faith needed to resuscitate your life.
2) ONLY SON OF WIDOW WOMAN
A) Forward Thinkers, your story is not just about you but everyone God has assigned to your life journey. Forward Thinkers, we have to put our lives back together because everyone we are connected to depends on us being in place.
B) Forward Thinkers, notice the bible calls the mother a widow which indicates she has past experiences with death. Forward Thinkers, let me encourage you your past experiences don’t have to be your NOW EXPERIENCE !!!
3) LARGE CROWD WITH HER
A) Forward Thinkers, God is getting ready to show them who He is through your dead situation. God saw so much in you He decided to place you in a difficult public position to reposition you in front of a doubting crowd. God has a plan for your life that sometimes allows you to fall forward.
B) Stop being moved by the crowd and their noise
1) Forward Thinkers, we must realize the crowd has many faces. Those cheering loudest today may be the same ones booing the loudest tomorrow therefore don’t allow yourself to be moved by the crowd. The crowd is too expensive to follow they will cost you your peace of mind.
2) Forward Thinkers, everybody that cried was not sad you died. I know this is a hard pill to swallow but if you are going to reach your full potential you have to depend on God and not man.
3) Forward Thinkers,, some will show up to go back and report its true you died. Forward Thinkers, this season God won’t allow them the privilege to witness your death in any area of life.
JESUS SAW HER
1) Forward Thinkers, that’s great news. God will never leave us in a dead place.
2) Forward Thinkers, Jesus never took His eyes off her and He has His eyes on us. Believe if God watches over a sparrow He surely watches over us.
3) Forward Thinkers, God is all-loving and all-knowing; therefore, we can put all our faith and trust in Him.
4) Forward Thinkers, notice the bible says His heart went out to her displaying His unmovable love. Whatever we go through nothing can separate us from the love of God.
5) Forward Thinkers, Jesus says to the widow mother in route to burying her son, don’t cry I have the ability to wipe away your tears. Forward Thinkers, Jesus was not being mean or insensitive but encouraging her to push her feelings back and push her faith forward.
Forward Thinkers, then is defined as a movement of time after something has occurred.
Forward Thinkers, I believe we are being prepared for an amazing then to take place where something great is getting ready to occur after it looked dead.
He touched the dead situation Prophetic Declaration of Victory
He told the dead man to get up Spoken Word Empowered the Man
The dead man sat up and talked The Word Works
JESUS GAVE HIM BACK TO HIS MOTHER
Forward Thinkers, this season covenant relationships are going to be resuscitated and restored. Forward Thinkers, God can put things back together again.
GOD HAS COME TO HELP HIS PEOPLE
Forward Thinkers, the good news spread about Jesus resuscitating the man back to life and returning him back to his mother. Forward Thinkers, the gospel is the good news spread it so others can experience it and resuscitate their lives.
Forward Thinkers, in conclusion the resurrection of Jesus is the greatest story of resuscitation known to man. When Jesus got up he empowered us to get up from all dead situations. Forward Thinkers, we must use our story of being resuscitated from dead places, situations, and relationships to demonstrate the power of Jesus so others can be resuscitated and get up and live their best life.
Forward Thinkers, it’s never too late to get and live your life to the full.
Pastor E. A. Deckard is the Senior Pastor/Founder of the Green House International Church located at 200 W. Greens Road, Houston, Texas, 77067. Pastor Deckard is also the Co-Founder of the No More Bloodshed Movement. To contact Pastor Deckard for speaking engagements contact him at email@example.com, follow him on Facebook, Instagram and Periscope @ Pastor E A Deckard or the church website www.ghic.net