Texas Southern University is excited to kick-off “TSU Spirit Week” before the 36th Annual Labor Day Classic. Events held during the week will engage students, faculty, staff, and alumni as they prepare to cheer on the TSU Tigers. Executed by the Office of Student Life, members of the TSU community will have an opportunity to prepare spirit materials, safely fellowship with others during a themed “Hump Day” event, and rally one last time before the big game.
“We are so excited to face our friendly rivals of Prairie View A&M University for the 36th time!” said TSU President Lesia L. Crumpton-Young. “Our students are ready. Our staff is ready. Our faculty members and the rest of the TSU community are ready to cheer the Tigers on to victory in this exciting celebration of comradery and school spirit.”
The TSU community is invited to participate in the following events:
- “Welcome to Houston” Hump Night
- Wednesday, September 1st
- 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
- The Pointe – located behind the Ernest S. Sterling Student Life Center
- “The Kick-Off” Pep Rally featuring TSU Football, the Ocean of Soul Band, Student Government Association, University Program Council, TSU Cheerleaders, and more
- Friday, September 3rd
- Noon – 2 p.m.
- Ernest S. Sterling Student Life Center Steps
- The 36th Annual Labor Day Classic
- Saturday, September 4th
- 7 p.m.
- BBVA Stadium
Tickets to the game can be purchased at www.tsusports.com/LDCtickets.