Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
I. The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
II. 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
III. Kingdom citizen rules Jesus taught that release His keys of authority to His disciples
IV. The Holy Spirit’s release of God’s power to unlock authority and power in Christians
A. The objectives of the Holy Spirit in Christians
1. To exemplify His person
2. To experience His power
3. To elevate His purpose
4. To execute His plan
B. The Holy Spirit taught by Jesus to His disciples – John 16:13-16
C. The Holy Ghost is the power agent that administers the salvation CHANGE act by the will of God and is responsible for the preservation, protection, protocols and power of Christians
D. Acts as the agent to the will of God in the salvation CHANGE process;
E. The first priority of the Holy Ghost is to help/assist the Christian believer with Divine instructions; Romans 10:1-4
A. Information (for education = what is learned) Philippians 3:8-10
B. Interpretation (for communication = what is discerned) II Timothy 2:14,15; I Corinthians 2:1-16 (10-16)
C. Inspiration (for motivation = what is performed) I Timothy 2:4-6
In a seminary missions class, Herbert Jackson told how, as a new missionary, he was assigned a car that would not start without a push.
After pondering his problem, he devised a plan. He went to the school near his home, got permission to take some children out of class, and had them push his car off. As he made his rounds, he would either park on a hill or leave the engine running. He used this ingenious procedure for two years. Ill health forced the Jackson family to leave, and a new missionary came to that station. When Jackson proudly began to explain his arrangement for getting the car started, the new man began looking under the hood. Before the explanation was complete, the new missionary interrupted, “Why, Dr. Jackson, I believe the only trouble is this loose cable.” He gave the cable a twist, stepped into the car, pushed the switch, and to Jackson’s astonishment, the engine roared to life.
For two years needless trouble had become routine. The power was there all the time. Only a loose connection kept Jackson from putting that power to work.—Unknown.
- Some people are only Christian by association, assimilation, and affiliation; but God demands salvation. Salvation is power with God. Acts 1:8; Acts 8:5-24
- Philip preached Jesus; Acts 8:4-6
- The Samaritans responded to Philip’s preaching about Jesus; vv.7,8
- Simon used sorceries to blind and bind the people to him; vv.9-11
- Philip’s Gospel truth about Jesus turned the people by the Holy Ghost; vv.12,13
- Authentic apostles authorized the people for Holy Ghost power; vv.14-17
- Simon is convinced of the power and desires to make his purchase; vv.18,19
- Peter defends the faith and rebukes Simon’s carnal offer; vv.20-23
- Simon repents of his carnal request and Divine instructions went forth; vv.24-25