“EXPECTING MIRACLES TO BE SEEN IN 2016”
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
I. The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
II. 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
III. Kingdom citizen rules Jesus taught that release His keys of authority to His disciples
IV. The Holy Spirit’s release of God’s power to unlock authority and power in Christians
a. The objectives of the Holy Spirit in Christians
- To exemplify His person
- To experience His power
- To elevate His purpose
- To execute His plan
b. The five primary activities of the Holy Ghost
- To direct believers in the way of righteousness to represent The Lord;
- To divert harm from the presence and way of the believer:
- To discern with a supernaturally higher recognition about things, events, activities, and actions of people.
- To deliver the believer from evil.
- To defend the will of God
a) What is the will of God?
- God has two wills in the Bible: His will of decree and His will of command
b) The Holy Spirit helps believers to defend God’s will in their:
- Work: to be engaged in physical or mental activity in order to achieve a purpose or result, especially in one’s job, to do work. To toil, labor, exert oneself, to slave at or be tied to something with energy (to slave away); keep at it, put one’s nose to the grindstone. (No so in kingdom work.)
Kingdom WORK – What is “work” to the kingdom of God that defends the will of God? Kingdom work is spiritual work. Even though it is affiliated in some way with a carnal work it remains 100% spiritual work. As Christians, our work is shaped by the personality and character of the believer. The soul is the one lone factor in the kingdom that influences the attitudes and personalities of Christians to act the same. From the personality of the believer comes his/her thoughts, actions, deeds and destiny. Only the spiritual man can inherit and live under the governance for the kingdom of heaven or kingdom of God. Everyone else that is not spiritual will be revealed or struggle into defeat.
“Work is an essential component of God’s kingdom. God intends for us to live and work in His new kingdom. As followers of Jesus Christ, we live in two worlds. We stand with one foot in the human world, where our work may be subject to unspoken expectations that may or not be in accordance with God’s ways. At the same time, as Christians we are subjects of God’s kingdom, committed to his values and expectations (Theology of Work Bible Commentary, vol. 4). “
“The workplace consequences of living in God’s kingdom are profound. Kingdoms are concerned with governance, economics, agriculture, production, justice, defense—issues we see in most workplaces. Jesus’ teachings, as recorded by Matthew, speak directly to our life at work. In the Sermon on the Mount, he inducts his followers into the values, ethics, and practices of this new kingdom. In the Lord’s Prayer, he instructs them to pray, “Your kingdom come. Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven” (Matthew 6:9-10). The Gospel of Matthew concludes as Jesus commissions his followers to go to work throughout the world because he has received “all authority in heaven and on earth” and will be present with them in their work on earth (Matthew 28:19-20).”(Theology of Work Bible Commentary, vol. 4)
- The true works of the kingdom was brought and taught by Jesus Christ; John 9:4; 15:5
2. Work to the kingdom of God means having the right mind; Philippians 2:5
a. The first thing Jesus taught His disciples at separation from the crowd is the quality of their minds to handle spiritual or kingdom work. Psalm 1:1-6; Matthew 5:1-10
3. The true works of the kingdom are eternal and cannot be destroyed; I Corinthians 3:1-12