“EXPECTING MIRACLES TO BE SEEN IN 2016”
Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
I. The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven. The soul is spiritual and is the depository for the Holy Spirit.
II. The Holy Spirit’s release of God’s power to unlock authority and power in Christians
A. The objectives of the Holy Spirit in Christians
1. To exemplify His person
2. To experience His power
3. To elevate His purpose
4. To execute His plan
B. The five primary activities of the Holy Ghost
To direct believers in the way of righteousness to represent The Lord;
To divert harm from the presence and way of the believer:
To discern with a supernaturally higher recognition about things, events, activities, and actions of people.
To deliver the believer from evil.
To defend the will of God (more to come)
C. 50 things the Holy Spirit does for us as Christians:
6. He leads us (Romans 8:14; Galatians 5:18; Matthew 4:1; Luke 4:1).
7. He sanctifies us (2 Thessalonian 2:13; 1 Peter 1:2; Rom. 5:16).
8. He empowers us (Luke 4:14; 24:49; Romans 15:19; Acts 1:8).
9. He fills us (Ephesians 5:18; Acts 2:4; 4:8, 31; 9:17).
10. He teaches us to pray (Romans 8:26-27; Jude 1:20).