Bible Fact: Jesus expects all of His disciples to demonstrate the authority and power of His kingdom as a witness to a weak and wicked world.
The Big Idea: To get Christian disciples to surrender their faith beyond the traditional to be offered the opportunity to engage with God without restrictions to do miraculous works that represent God.
- The SOUL ONLY is the lone citizen that lives in the kingdom of heaven.
- 7 Keys to unlock kingdom authority and power within you:
III. Kingdom citizen rules Jesus taught that release His keys of authority to His disciples
- The Holy Spirit’s release of God’s power to unlock authority and power in Christians
- The objectives of the Holy Spirit in Christians
- To exemplify His person
- To experience His power
- To elevate His purpose
- To execute His plan
- The Holy Spirit taught by Jesus to His disciples – John 16:13-16
- The Holy Ghost is the power agent that administers the salvation CHANGE act by the will of God and is responsible for the preservation, protection, protocols and power of Christians
- Acts as the agent to the will of God in the salvation CHANGE process;
- The first priority (roles) of the Holy Ghost is to help/assist the Christian believer with Divine instructions;
- Information (for education = what is learned) Philippians 3:8-10
- Interpretation (for communication = what is discerned) II Timothy 2:14,15; I Corinthians 2:1-16 (10-16)
- Inspiration (for motivation = what is performed) I Timothy 2:4-6
- The five primary activities of the Holy Ghost
- To direct believers in the way of righteousness to represent The Lord;
- To divert harm from the presence and way of the believer:
- To discern with a supernaturally higher recognition about things, events, activities, and actions of people.
- What is discernment?
- the ability to judge well.
- (in Christian contexts) perception in the absence of judgment with a view to obtaining spiritual direction and understanding.
- the quality of being able to grasp and comprehend what is obscureor difficult to see or understand by others, especially in the norm, carnal or flesh level of thinking. (obscure = something unseen or uncertain or unclear)
- John MacArthur says, “In its simplest definition, discernment is nothing more than the ability to decide between truth and error, right and wrong. Discernment is the process of making careful distinctions in our thinking about truth. In other words, the ability to think with discernment is synonymous with an ability to think biblically.”
- Why is discernment important to Christians? Because Christians need help to know truth from error about people, things or events. Discernment is important to how to judge or make decisions at the right time about the right people or to know the right thing to do. It is used in developing social relationships, in meeting discussions, business decisions or making a general conclusion about something or someone. Discernment is used to be a witness for God or to give glory to God.
- Four (4) types of discernment are valuable and useful to the Christian:
- Where does the discernment ability in a Christian come from? How does God deliver the spirit of discernment to His believing people?
- Through spiritual wisdom; Proverbs 2:1-11
- Through teaching of The Word of God; Jeremiah 3:15-25
Note: When we address the Holy Spirit, we must do so in three ways to completely cover the broad perspective of:
- His Objective – the aim or goal
- His Role – the function/purpose/responsibility
- His Activity – happenings that are done, state of being active or actions, deeds